Dec 17, 2009

Two Years Later


I can't believe two years have gone by and not a single post was added here. There are lots and lots of things that happened in the lives of PJ (Peter& Julius) and me, their human, in 24 months. In fact, so much have changed that I'll have to edit that "welcome speech" of Peter above.

Going through the first four posts, I could immediately update some old facts there. First, Peter is no longer the bigger cat; Julius is. However, Peter has also been neutered so I expect he'd bulk up too, although it's taking longer than it was with Julius when he got his "treatment".

The two also now live with their sister Rachel. We now have a garden which all cats love. They see more birds now and they can go outside. Sadly, their father-cat died months ago. Their mother-cat and another sister-cat will have to join us at a later date. In the meantime, before a great storm hit the city, I scooped two kittens off the street. Now they're here, enjoying the perks of being my pets, too.

There are many interesting stories to tell which I hope to get around doing in a more regular sked. One of those interesting stories is discovering that PJ are good swimmers! I also am delighted to come home one night to find the two bullying a large rat that was trying to enter our domain. Being condo cats in their early lives with no access to outdoor life thankfully didn't affect at all their natural instincts and abilities. I think they are much happier now. (Photo shows Julius with blue collar and Peter with green collar).

No comments: